The Melbourne Coach vision is to help individuals and workplaces be purpose-driven, sustainable and successful.
Our private practice focuses on personal life, career and leadership coaching and empowers individuals so that they may feel valued, live authentically and contribute meaningfully to their community.
The workplace coaching programs develop employee at different levels within and across the organisation as well as emerging and existing leaders. We aim to develop organisations where humans can thrive, feel valued and contribute meaningfully. We are members of the International Coaching Federation (ICF) and abide by their ethical code of conduct. The Melbourne Coach mission is to help change lives and grow stronger communities through developing a sustainable ecosystem.
Founder, Professional Coach & Mindfulness Teacher
I'm Marion, I have over 15 years experience helping people discover and develop themselves personally and professionally.
I am passionate about women's empowerment, social change and connecting people and organisations with resources to help people thrive in life and work. Before becoming a full-time coach I worked in beauty, fashion and content/digital marketing and developed business start ups. I spent two years working on a creative street photography project in both Melbourne and NYC that explored the diversity of people within the environments I encountered them in and have always had a passion and curiosity for people.
Exploring different career pathways and through years of deep reflection and inner work I have pursued my dream to coach and teach mindfulness and through this platform and others I have crafted an authentic and fulfilling life and career. I'm also a mum, an artist, YouTuber, published author and writer for several online blogs and was a writer for an online and print publication in New York. I'm the founder of The Mindfulness Collective; a supportive international mindfulness network. I am an environmental activist and founding member of Boroondarra Plasticwise and use my personal brand to share these projects.
My Melbourne Coach clientele has included organisations like Bueno Systems, Coles, Sportsgirl, Target, Lort Smith, ASRC, Australian Environmental Auditors, Swinburne University, RUOK and 2XU. In private practice I work with clients from Medicine, Engineering, Technology, Finance, The Arts, Design, Education & Small Business.
My professional education and training includes:
• Diploma in Coaching with a speciality in Career, Business and Life Coaching from The Coaching Institute of Australia, 2015.
• Registered level 2, MBSR (Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction) and MBCT (Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy) teacher, 2015-on-going.
• Trauma-Sensitive Mindfulness online: Theory and skills to make meditation safe and effective for trauma survivors with David Trevelen PhD, 2019.
• 2rd, almost 3rd year student of Bachelor of Counselling (Coaching), Australian Colleague of Applied Psychology, 2016-on-going.
• Mindful Self-Compassion Core Skills with Christopher Germer, PhD. & Kathleen Cator, 2017.
• Mindful Leadership Compassion Masterclass with Emiliana Simon Thomas PhD, 2016.
• Meditation Teacher Training, Melbourne Meditation Centre with Matt Young, 2009.
• Introduction to Psychology A and B, Deakin University, 2009.
• Insight Meditation Retreat, How the Dharma Informs Mindfulness-Based Approaches, NSW, 2016.
• Insight Meditation Retreat, Open Heart, Open Mind 7 day silent retreat, Victoria, 2017.
• Insight Meditation day retreat, Equanimity: Finding Balance in our practice, James and Jane Baraz, 2018.
• Insight Meditation 3 day Silent Retreat, Opening Heart, Anton Eastick, 2018.
The modalities and techniques our programs draw from include: Solution Focussed Approach, Narrative Coaching, Cognitive Behavioural Coaching, Positive Psychology, Person-Centred Coaching, Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR), Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT), Mindful Self-Compassion (MSC), Insight Buddhism, NLP, Organisational Behaviour and Psychodynamic Coaching.
When I'm not working I'm spending time with my four daughters and beloved partner. I enjoy travelling, spending time at the beach, sailing, gardening, painting, yoga and working on volunteer projects in my community.