Mindfulness Meditation is an evidence-based practice that reduces stress, anxiety and will help you relax the body and calm the mind. Learn Mindfulness meditation with our experienced teacher and friendly community.
For more information Mindfulness visit Mindfulness Coaching.
This morning we went to a mindfulness session in this beautiful space. I actually feel surprisingly content and at peace.. Perfect way to spend a Saturday morning!Emily Highfield
“My favourite takeaway from the session was ‘doing vs being’ ‘Do-ing referring to doing activities in auto-pilot mode. ‘Be-ing’ referring to being present when we do these activities. Today I choose the latter and now on my journey to being in the present! Thank you Melbourne Coach for a great workshop!”Harriet Jackson
Benefits of Mindfulness Coaching:
• Reduced stress and anxiety
• Increased relaxation and calm
• Develop confidence and self awareness
• More happiness and joyfulness
• Understand mind, body and emotions
• Less controlled by negative thinking
• Develop concentration, less distraction
• Improved mental health & wellbeing
• Develop self-compassion & kindness
• Enhanced relationships
• Deeper meaning and purpose
Thanks so much for an inspiring, mindful, meditative & informative morning at the Mindful over Matter workshop this morning Marion!! Such a professional and obviously experienced presenter – a fantastic way to start the long weekend. I’ll definitely be keeping an eye out for future events!
“Excellent workshop! Highly recommend it to anyone who feels overwhelmed or disconnected from “now”Gedal Basman
Mindfulness Teacher and Life Coach
Marion is an experienced and certified Life Coach and Mindfulness Teacher working with professionals and students. She is passionate about mindfulness, wellbeing and leadership. She empowers her clients to engage in authentic experiences and inspires their full potential.
Marion studied at the Life Coaching Institute of Australia and holds a Life Coaching Diploma with a speciality in Health/Wellness and Business. She did meditation teacher training in 2009, attended the mindful leadership forum masterclass in 2016 and self-compassion training in 2017. Marion has done Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction/Cognitive Therapy teacher training and is currently enrolled in a Bachelor of Counselling (Coaching). Marion has an established practice in Hawthorn, Melbourne, is a mother of four and loves the beach.
Huffington Post on the Science of How Mindfulness Works
In these brain regions, the simple act of practicing mindfulness increased both brain activity and the density of brain tissue:
- The anterior cingulate cortex (ACC), which is responsible for self-control. It enables you to resist distractions, to focus, and to avoid impulsivity in order to work efficiently and make great decisions. The ACC is also responsible for flexibility, and people who have problems in this brain area are known to stick to ineffective problem-solving strategies when they should be adjusting their approach.
- The hippocampus, which, among other things, is responsible for resilience in the face of setbacks and challenges. The hippocampus is readily damaged by stress, making it a need area for most people. The hippocampus is red/orange in the image below.