Mindful over Matter workshop is an interactive opportunity introducing mindfulness concept and practice to participants. It teaches the fundamental principles of mindfulness, the differences between thinking/doing and being modes, facilitates a coaching conversation about attention, awareness, memory and gives participants a chance to practice mindfulness in both stillness and through movement in a safe coaching environment. There will be feedback opportunities and a self-directed strategy to develop a unqiue plan for on-going mindfulness practice.
At the end of the workshop participants will be able to:
- Identify memory thinking and future thinking
- Identify thinking/doing vs being mode
- Identify and use new tools to live mindfully
- Develop self awareness of the mind, body and emotion
- Develop a practice for living mindfully
- Use techniques for letting go and shifting attention
1.5 Hour Intro Workshop
- What is Mindfulness?
- Memory, Planning, Attention
- Stress in modern living
- Mindful Practice in stillness for relaxation
- Applying mindfulness to life/habits
- Doing mode and Being mode
- Mindfulness Practice in movement using Citizen Beats soundtrack
- Letting go and shifting attention
Facilitator: Marion Miller Professional Biography
Marion is a certified Life Coach and Mindfulness Teacher with 7 years experience in practice. Marion studied Psychology at Deakin, Meditation Teaching at Melbourne Meditation Centre and ESL Facilitation Training with the Pacific Language School in Tokyo, Japan.
Marion became a certified Life Coach at The Life Coaching Institute of Australia with a specialty focus on business and health/wellness. She is also a member of the International Coaching Federation. (Regulatory body)
Marion works with groups and individuals on professional and personal goals using mind tools such as N.L.P, C.B.T, Narrative Approach, Solution Focused Approach, Mindfulness and Positive Psychology.