- Welcome the day like your best friend just arrived! Be grateful for everything you cast your eyes on in your room as you stir from slumber. Try this declaration:
‘today I am fortunate to have woken up, I am alive, I have a precious human life, I am not going to waste it. I am going to use all my energies to develop myself, to expand my heart out to others, to achieve enlightenment for the benefit of all beings, I am going to have kind thoughts towards others, I am not going to get angry or think badly about others, I am going to benefit others as much as I can.’ -DL
- Spend a little time in the quietude of early morning, no sounds, no interruptions, just silence, space for your mind to BE still.
- Catch the sunrise, the light appearing from behind the horizon, watch nature’s natural movement and let the warmth wash over you as it does. Experience the colours changing the transformation before you as the sun transforms the earth, you may like to take a walk or run at this time to experience the dynamic dance of nature.
- Breakfast enjoy, eat slowly and eat fresh fruit, cereal, yogurts and all this that prepare you for healthy and abundant day. Chose nutritious foods that will keep you sated well into the day, be aware of which ones give more energy longer. Invite friends to share your first meal of the day!
- Mornings are most productive time of day, you have the most energy and your mind is the sharpest so use this time for tackling the most challenging tasks and leave the easy, more pleasurable ones till later.
- No one likes the rush hour so take it easy and leave early when traffic is lighter and use traffic jams as a way to breath and enjoy some relaxation. When can, walk, SKATE or take a push bike and save on petrol, energy and pollution!
Be calm, be well, be Zen!